Certified DrawPj.com On-line Instructor
Location: Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Tannis Trydal is an award winning artist and dedicated art educator specializing in teaching absolute beginners to learn to draw. Drawing upon her wealth of knowledge and experience, she gently guides, encourages and motivates each of her students in their very personal journey. Tannis has successfully taught many people from around the world to learn to draw even though they previously believed that they couldn’t learn.
Tannis regularly exhibits and sells her artworks and has been invited to participate in travelling exhibitions as well as curated gallery exhibitions. She was awarded first prize at the Beaverlodge Juried Art Show in 2010 and second prize at the PRCFA Juried Art Show at the Dawson Creek Art Gallery in 2016. Tannis draws in realism in graphite, coloured pencil and charcoal but she also likes to paint in acrylics in a more representational, expressive way. She is an active member of Artists North, Art of the Peace, and the Peace River Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists.
Tannis fuels her creativity with adventure that comes with travelling and especially likes to hike to experience nature.
I loved the drawing course, and having Tannis for an instructor took it to the next level. She was so encouraging and I learned so much from her.
Her talent and expertise as an artist really shone through in the details of the critiques she gave me. Her comments were so valuable and really helped take my art to the next level. Her encouraging words and warmth were just what I needed to boost my confidence. I always looked forward to getting her emails!
Anytime I had a question she answered it thoroughly. I felt like she cared about me as a person and as an artist. I was so blessed to have Tannis for my instructor. There is nothing like having a professional walk you through a course like this. Especially someone as kind and uplifting as Tannis.
Every time I got her comments back it was like a light bulb coming on and I learned so much.Cassie Chancy - USA
Do you want to learn to draw? This course will definitely help you. I am glad that I have found this course. All instructions are very clear and easily understandable even if you are not native English speaker. Easy step by step exercises walk you through the basics to more challenging parts and it is up to you what time are you willing to spend on all these exercises. The detailed comments and advices which you receive from the instructor are helping you to improve your skills every day.
What I really love is the way Tannis, my personal instructor builds my confidence. She knows that constructive critique and positive motivation go hand in hand. I remember my weak steps at the beginning of the course, when I was afraid to put the pencil on blank sheet of paper. Now I am drawing almost every day! Drawing is now time when I can relax, when I feel free and the time when all everyday problems just disappear. I have learned to see the world with my eyes opened. Art can help you to feel like different person if you put your heart into it. Thanks to Tannis and the DrawPj team for all these new experiences.Darina Panisova - Slovakia
Tannis is the most wonderful and inspiring tutor. She always responds quickly and warmly with really positive and extremely constructive comments. For me, even though she is on the other side of the world, her friendly and encouraging feedback makes her seem like the instructor and teacher just down the road.
I feel so lucky that Cindy paired her with me because, incredibly, we just gel.
Tannis has guided me on my DrawPj journey, inspired me and given me the confidence to develop, grow and enjoy my meagre gift and talent. I have learnt so much during the past few years and look forward to continue to improve under her professional guidance and care.Catherine Melchers - New Zealand
Education and Certifications
- 2010 – Certified Drawpj.com Instructor (I began teaching online to a large international base of students)
- 2009 – Complete Drawing and Painting Certificate Course (completed a 200 hour CPD Accredited art course at Drawpj.com)
- May 2016 – Federation of Canadian Artists (Peace River Chapter) Juried Art Show
- January 2016 – Federation of Canadian Artists (Peace River Chapter) Juried Art Show
- November 2015 – Art of the Peace Show ‘Acceptance’, Montrose Cultural Centre
- April 2015 – Artists North Members Show, Peace River Fine Arts Centre
- March 2015 – Artists North Members Show, Fairview Fine Arts Centre
- January 2015 – Artists North Members Show, Centre for Creative Arts
- January 2015 – Art of the Peace Juried Art Show – Dawson Creek Art Gallery
- December 2014 – Artists North Members Show- Montrose Cultural Centre
- May to August 2014 – Art of the Peace Juried Art Show- Art Gallery of Grande Prairie
- November 2013 – Artists North Members Show, Centre for Creative Arts
- August 2013 – Black and White Juried Art Show, Centre for Creative Arts
- July 2012 – Drawpj Art Competition
- July 2012 – Beaverlodge Bi-annual Juried Art Show, Beaverlodge Art Gallery
- November 2012 – Artists North 30th Anniversary Show, Montrose Cultural Centre
- June 2012 – Artists North Members Show, Fairview Art Centre
- February 2011 – ‘Red’ Juried Art Show, Centre for Creative Arts
- August 2011 – “Blue’ Juried Art Show, Centre for Creative Arts
- October 2011 – Art of the Peace Members Show, Dawson Creek Art Gallery
- October 2010 – Art of the Peace Members Show, Centre for Creative Arts
- July 2010 – Beaverlodge Bi-annual Juried Art Show, Beaverlodge Art Gallery
Recognition and Awards
- 2016- Artwork accepted into the CP Treasures Vol.4 magazine
- 2016 – Second Prize- Federation of Canadian Artists (Peace River Chapter) Juried Art Show
- 2015 – Artwork selected to participate in Art of the Peace Travelling Show
- 2012 – Drawpj Art Competition ‘World Champion’ Second Prize
- 2011 – Artwork selected to participate in Art of the Peace Travelling Show
- 2010 – First Prize- BAC Bi-annual Juried Art Show
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Peace River Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists (Active member status)
- Artists North
- Art of the Peace
Selected Work History
- 2010 to present – Certified Art Instructor, Drawpj.com
- 1986 to 2010 – Advertising Account Executive, Daily Herald Tribune
- Welcome to the World of Colored Pencil – Published by Drawspace
- Introduction to Techniques – Published by Drawspace
- Experiment with Pencil Techniques – Published by Drawspace
- Create Rich Areas of Color in One Layer – Published by Drawspace
- Shade a Smooth Sphere – Published by Drawspace
- Draw a Sphere with a Rough Texture – Published by Drawspace
- Transform One Color into Five – Published by Drawspace
- Draw a Red Poppy – Published by Drawspace
- How to Read a Color Wheel – Published by Drawspace