Color Along with Cindy – “Imaginary Play”
with Derwent Inktense Pencils and Colored Pencils
Welcome to the wonderful world of Inktense pencils with colored pencil on top!
In this course I reveal my professional watercolor and colored pencil drawing secrets with a super fun project – a fully rendered illustration of my children’s picture book illustration ‘Imaginary Play with Ginger and Maya Cuddleecat.
Afterwards you’ll be able to apply these same techniques to your own illustrations, characters or colouring books.
Want to learn how to layer watercolor with colored pencil on top?
In this course I’ll cover…
- How easy and relaxing it is to colour with Inktense pencils and water (or watercolor paint) with colored pencil on top
- How to use Inktense pencils scribbled into a puddle of water to use just like watercolor
- How to create beautiful soft transitions in Derwent Procolor coloured pencil on top using just a cotton bud to blend with
- How to create a variety of textures using the exact same method
- Create simple effective shadows to give your characters a 3D illusion
Join Cindy’s Drawing Club for access
(1 month free trial!)
Here’s what you will get instant access to:
- Full video explanation of how to use Derwent Inktense Pencils with watercolor techniques to create large even areas of color (ordinary watercolor can be used as a substitute)
- Full video explanation on how to quickly and easily stretch a small sheet of watercolor paper
- 4 printable pdf images including a full-colour version, smaller practice outline drawings, full size outlines (in grey or black) to choose from, ready to transfer
- 12 videos on how to color the background elements with watercolor techniques
- 19 videos on how to add colored pencil to create a whole variety of textures including white fur, gold-rimmed white tea-sets, colored wooden block toys, wooden floorboards and more.
- Full video explanation on how to easily add simple shadows to create a 3D illusion
Get Instant Access
Enjoy this course (and so much more!) with a subscription to Cindys Drawing Club
(1 month free trial)
Join TODAY and learn to paint and color beautiful transitions to bring your character drawings to life!