Artist, Author and Co-founder of DrawPj.com
Cindy is a professional artist, author and art instructor with over 25 years of experience sharing her passion for art with her students.
As one of the internet’s most experienced instructors teaching on-line since 2008 she is the co-founder of DrawPj.com.
Her unique method of teaching is known as ‘The Cindy Wider Method’. The course which is based upon Cindy’s method is The Complete Online Drawing Course.
Cindy is an official Ambassador for Derwent Products and St Cuthberts Mill Paper.
Documentary about Cindy Wider (ABC Open)
In this documentary filmed as part of the ABC Open Project ‘Artist by Artist’ Cindy describes how her art style evolved to include ‘fire’ through her experience of being evacuated from an Australian Bushfire.
Cindy’s joint exhibition titled ‘Contrasting Lives – from the Australian Coast to a Village in England’ was shown in March 2016 at the TYTO Regional Gallery in Ingham Queensland Australia and was extremely well-received.
In the video shown here, Cindy discusses the works with Local vicar Richard Burge prior to them being shipped from England back to Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- UK Coloured Pencil Society
- Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrator (SCBWI)
Selected Teaching Experience
- 2019-2020: Artist in Residence – Freshwater Christian College, Far North Queensland, Australia
- 2016 to 2017: Artist in Residence – Scholes Village Primary School, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- 2009 to present: Co-Founder and Course Designer DrawPj.com
- 2008 – 2014: Art Instructor and Curriculum Designer Drawspace.com – Nova Scotia, Canada
- 2007 : Tutor Fairway Studios – Goondiwindi, Queensland, Australia
- 2007: Tutor Illustration House – South Bank, Brisbane, Australia
- 2003 to 2007: Co- Founder, Art curriculum designer and Tutor StuartCindy Art – Noosaville, Queensland, Australia
- 1998: Instructor of Creativity and Illustration TAFE College – Port Lincoln, South Australia
- 2016: UKCPS Exhibition, Menier Gallery London, UK
- 2016: TYTO Regional Gallery, Ingham Queensland Australia
- 2011: Queensland Regional Art Awards Touring exhibition
- 2011: ABC and Queensland Arts Council Documentary Project Exhibition
- 2011: Touring Exhibition – The Cooper Gallery, Noosaville & Outback Regional Gallery, Winton
- 2009: Art on Hastings, Sheraton Noosa Resort
- 2008: Gallery Representation The Cooper Gallery Hastings street, Noosa
- 2006: Life in Paradise II, Sheraton Noosa Resort
- 2005: Life in Paradise, Sheraton Noosa Resort
- 2005: PNG 30th Independence Anniversary Exhibition, Christie Corporate Brisbane
- 2004: Gallery Representation Twin Waters Art Gallery