For DrawPj Show #10 I decided to head outdoors to get a bit of perspective! So I packed up my drawing equipment and off we went up the Barron Gorge in Far North Queensland, Australia. It’s so awesome to get out into nature to do some drawing, even if that nature has a great big bridge in it suitable for some perspective drawing practice.
Links to courses related to this video
- The Complete Online Drawing Course (DrawPj.com)
- The Complete Beginners Drawing and Shading Course (Udemy.com)
- The Definitive Guide to Drawing Better Immediately
Drawing topics covered in this show:
- Simple tips for finding your horizon line even when you can’t see it
- Why I’m really excited about perspective drawing
- What drawing equipment I like to carry when I’m sketching outdoors
- How I like to take reference photographs for perspective drawings
Art Supplies used in this Video
- The final study sketch was created with Derwent Lightfast coloured pencils on Derwent Big Book (Black)
- Cindy’s equipment is stored in the Derwent Carry All Folio A4
- Sketches drawn on Derwent Sketching Paper
Cindy is an Official Ambassador for Derwent Products, and uses them in her professional art practice, however, this video was made independently and is not a paid endorsement.
Feel free to ask. Post them in the comments section below.